Old Penal Church Centenary Mass

Posted by:

Sunday, August 7th was a very historic day in the parish of Straide. Mass was celebrated in the Old Penal Church (now home to the Davitt Museum) for the first time in 100 years. The building dates from the 17th century and is built on the foundations of the 13th century Dominican Abbey. Grandchildren of Michael Davitt (who was baptised in the building in 1846)  were in attendance.

0
  Related Posts