A Parish Council is a consultative body of the faithful, representative of the whole parish community, willing to work in close partnership with the priest(s) of the parish to further the mission of Christ and his Church in the parish.
In order to ensure the effective working of the Parish Council, Membership of each Council consists of between 8 and 15 people including:
- The priest(s) of the parish (ex officio)
- Any adult(s) employed by the parish to engage in pastoral ministry (ex officio)
- One member of the Parish Finance Committee (ex officio)
- Lay people elected by parishioners
- One member of the Parish’s Parish Development & Renewal Group
- Person or persons co-opted by the Pastoral Council.
All priests serving the parish are encouraged to participate in all Parish Pastoral Council meetings.